Strategic Project ManagementTo find out the course price, please select the details below.
Projects by their very nature involve strategic thinking and planning. This course will support and enable delegates to develop effective strategic management of projects skills. It will take a logical and systematic approach to projects and identify the key stages of the project cycle with the skill requirements required at each stage. This course will equip you with the skills to critically analyse and prepare effective strategies that have the potential to add significant value to an organisation, helping them achieve their strategic aims through a programme management approach.
This course is registered with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® R.E.P. Programme. As an R.E.P., GTC has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials. One (1) PDU is equivalent to one (1) contact hour of Training. The PDUs to be earned are agreed during the course design phase and are included on your individual course attendance certificates.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for project managers who are experienced in managing projects, as well as strategy implementers, strategy makers and those who wish to enhance the success of the projects they are involved in.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise when it is appropriate to adopt a strategic approach to managing a project
- Understand the relationship between strategy and achievability
- Apply a systematic and strategic approach to the management of a project
- Ensure project credibility by aligning your project with your organisation’s goals, objectives and strategies
- Create and implement an appropriate strategy for your project
- Communicate your strategy to the project team, the customer, and other project stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder expectations to maintain project alignment - tips, tools, and techniques
- Establishing a project structure and process to ensure strategic success
Key Course Highlights
- Project management in the wider organisational context
- Strategic vs. classic project management
- Aligning projects with strategy
- Elements of a successful strategy
- Support top-level strategy formulation
- Link organisational strategy from business strategy to portfolio development to project implementation
- Managing change that affects strategic projects
- Redesign project performance measures to enhance strategy implementation
- Confirm and apply key processes of effective risk-management