This Programme aims to equip human resource (HR) staff, with the necessary skills to be able to conduct effective training needs analysis and to undertake the evaluation of training and development interventions.
Who Should Attend?
Training managers, training administrators and HR Managers, who wish to contribute to the quality of learning and development of their organisation’s staff. Senior managers may wish to attend to enhance their understanding of how training needs analysis and evaluation of training provide useful information for targeting organisational HR Budgets and Organisational Skills Enhancement.
- At the end of the programme participants will have a greater understanding of and have developed the following key attributes:
- Identify the skills needed to take your organisation’s objectives forward
- Analyse the gap between your organisation’s current skill resources and future skills needed
- Create a comprehensive plan to deal with skill gap(s) and meet your organisation’s present and future needs
- Have a greater understanding of purpose of evaluating training and development interventions
- Develop plans to improve organisation performance through training and development strategies and plans
Key Programme Highlights
- Understand the value of conducting training needs analyses interventions in your organisation
- Develop a robust and practical approach to evaluating the training, development initiatives and interventions in your organisation
- Assess current skill levels in your organisation and quantify the total skills resource available and required
- Devise a simple training evaluation process
- Understand a range of evaluation methods
- Understand the budget and resource implications of undertaking either a training needs analysis or evaluation of training project.
- HR In the Public Sector
- Managing the Training Function