This Program introduces, describes and explains the roles, activities and responsibilities of the human resource and personnel management function, its staff, officers and managers. It deals with the many different areas which come under the remit of HR/personnel management and provides training on the important duties that HR/personnel management managers and staff must perform.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for HR practitioners, line-professionals with development or personnel responsibilities, Professionals with an interest in people management and development would also benefit
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to;
- Understand the principles of effective communication: communication skills that will improve your ability to effectively receive and transmit messages in the workplace
- Understand the factors that contribute to overall workplace conditions and can affect workplace culture
- Understand the application of strategic human resources development and personnel management practices in the workplace
- Identify essential processes in the recruitment and induction of employees
- Understand the key elements of planning and conducting effective staff training
- Describe how team processes can be used to improve performance and productivity
- Identify methods to establish and maintain discipline through positive means, such as reinforcement and increasing motivation
- Develop strategies for reducing dissatisfaction and handling dissatisfaction when it arises
- Understand the importance of monitoring workplace processes and performance and how to report your observations